Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Oklahoma's Screaming Deals

Old 11-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Walgreens- Look at the ad online and match to your coupons

1.) Walgreens Ad *

2.) see what deals others have spotted across the U.S, at their local Walgreens sales people have found
...and share it here on this thread we will do the same favor for you when we spot them.

3.) grocery guide to look at the Walgreens sales in text format and see the coupons that are out there for the sale product. (You can also compare prices at different stores here!)

4.) http://kingdomfirstmom.com/category/...ns-5-challenge

If you are new to Walgreens Shopping, read Top 5 Tips to Play Walgreens! Most of this information may seem a little confusing until you know how the play the Walgreens game!! [url http://mommysnacks.net/2008/02/walgreens-top-5-tips-to-play/]5 tips[/url]

Learn to be a Coupon Queen for free
Old 11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Walgreens Sales

Walgreens

Walgreens ad online to see deals others have spotted across the U.S, at their local Walgreens.

Walgreen's does NOT pricematch.

go over the Walgreens ad with a fine toothed comb.

COUPONS
Walgreens accepts internet and newspaper manufacturers coupons. They also have store coupons you can couple with them! available in the Walgreens ad (in the Sunday paper), in store and on the Walgreens website.

USING A COUPON FROM ANOTHER STORES WEBSITE OR THEIR STORE AD:

A manufacturers coupon can be used at Walgreens unless it is marked that it is to be used only at a specific store. In other words a coupon that shows "use only at" or "only redeemable at (store name)" means that Walgreens cannot be reimbursed for taking a manufacturers coupon with another store's logo on it. Walgreens, like other retailers, sends coupons to a clearing house, and the ones for other retailers get sent back to the retailers without reimbursement.

You can always combine a MQ with a sale, even if it's BOGO free or 50%. Your coupon should make the cheaper one free. The better scenario would be a BOGO sale with a BOGO coupon

__________________________________________________ __________

__________________________________________________ _____________
Walgreen Coupon Policy

Walgreen stores accept a variety of coupons everyday. The coupons fall into two categories:

#1. Walgreens issued coupons and #2. Manufacturer issued coupons

The following are some guidelines for accepting these types of coupons.

Walgreens will accept one Walgreen issued coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits such use.

“Walgreens” Roto Ad coupons, IVC (Instant Value Coupon) coupons, and a manufacturer’s coupon can be used towards the purchase of any one item.

Walgreens does not provide cash back if a coupon is presented from more than the purchase value of the item.

Walgreens does not accept coupons from other retailers or coupons for products not carried in our stores. All valid coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

When purchasing a Buy 1 Get 1 free item, only one coupon can be applied towards the purchase because the customer is only purchasing one item. Customers must purchase one item to get the other item free on all Buy 1 Get 1 free offers.

If a coupon states “good on any size of the product” and does not specifically exclude trial sizes of this product, the coupon can be used to purchase trial sized products.

Internet coupons can be accepted whether they are printed in color or in black and white.

Walgreens does not accept expired coupons.

If an item that was purchased with a coupon is returned, we will refund the price paid by the customer. Example: If the item’s retail was $1.49 and the manufacturer’s coupon was $.25 off, we would refund $1.24

__________________________________________________ ___________

Register Rewards (RR)sometimes called Catalinas are like money.

Walgreens offers Register Rewards (RR’s) which will be seen in the weekly ad. These can be used like cash to purchase any item in the store but, you cannot use them to purchase more items that earn register rewards and you cannot use 2 Register Rewards on one product.

Purchase a particular item and you’ll still receive the Register Rewards even if you had used a coupon to buy the item. This means you might get a higher Register Rewards than you spent for the item purchased. Example: you purchased Spaghetti sauce with a coupon and paid only $2.12 but it spit out a RR for $3.

If you have two Register Rewards and are wanting to purchase one item, just look at your Walgreens ad and choose a cheap ‘filler’ in case you need one,such as the pencils which might be 8/$1 (with the Walgreens coupon)or something like that. or something like that. This is because you cannot have more coupons than items Manufacturers coupons so if you have 2 manufacturers coupons (or RR’s) then you must have 2 items.

You can purchase as many items as you want that will give you different Register Rewards. But they must be for different Register Rewards. This means you couldn’t buy 5 jars of spaghetti sauce (like the deal above) and get 5 Register Rewards at one time, you would have to do multiple transactions.

Stock up every week on things like shampoo, toothpaste and make-up! A FREE Rimmel Mascara coupon in a recent All You Magazine combined with the B1G1 sale on Rimmel make-up at Walgreens gave two free mascaras!

Hints for Rolling your Register Rewards
Register Rewards pay me to shop there so I haven't paid more than a few cents plus tax in months at Walgreens. A lot of their sale items give back RRs! The tax does add up so you want to make sure you are buying things you will use!

Tips for shopping at Walgreens

1. Register Rewards(RRs) are Manufacturer's coupons offered as a thank you for you purchasing a specific item or items.
2. You cannot use RRs from item A then turn around and use the ones you just got to purchase another item A and expect to more RR's. It's very rare that RRs 'roll' into themselves. Walgreens considers this unethical and can refuse your purchase, as it is taking advantage of a glitch in the system.
3. A lot of items are set up as free after RR (FARR), so look through the coupons to see if you have any as that will make become money-makers for you.!
4. You cannot have more items than coupons if you want to pay with RRs. This is tricky because Walgreens allows you to use 1 MQ & 1 WQ per item. ( RRs count as MQs) So you need to find "fillers" ( items to absorb the coupon count) either in things you need, clearanced items, or cheap ad items. (Sometimes they have 8 pencils for $1 so use those and then send the pencils to school with your kids.)
5. You can only receive 1 RR per item (s) per transaction which means if the deal is buy 1 shampoo get 1 RR and you buy 2 shampoos you only get 1 RR. (If you want 2 shampoos, do it as 2 transactions and get 2 RRs. REMEMBER to be courteous and do not buy out the entire stock just because it's a RR item! There are about 50 Walgreens in my metro area, but at least 1000 couponers, plus all the folks that shop at Walgreens oblivious to the power of RRs, so don't be greedy!
6. RRs expire in 2 weeks, sometimes sooner...so check the dates and don't forget to use them! It's just like cash!
7. You cannot use RRS to purchase certain items like stamps, tobacco, gift cards...read the exclusions on the back for full exclusions.
8. Checkout matchups every Sunday for great deals!

How to pay nothing except tax AND get RRs back almost every time you step into Walgreens! Plan your Walgreens trips in order to use your RRs to roll into new RRs:

* Look through the ad, make a list of what items are on RR that week, what items are on sale that you might need, and what items are cheap to be used as fillers.
* Mark next to those items what MQs & WQs are available and what the cost after Qs is. Add up the items you wish to purchase and compare that to the RRs you have from the previous week.
* count the number of items you will be purchasing versus the number of Qs you want to use...remember to count MQs, IVCs, in ad Qs, & RRs in your total. The WQs will multiply according to the number of items you have but only counts as one coupon even if you have many of the same item. Supposedly the in-ad Qs don't count as a coupon, but always plan on a filler for them so you don't have to scramble at the register if there is a problem.
* If you have more Qs than items, add fillers and costs into my shopping list, and adjust the RRs you will use if needed in order to spend the lowest out of pocket (OOP) as possible.
* Estimate your tax according to the cost before coupons, so you know exactly what to expect at check-out. If the total doesn't seem right, you know you missed a coupon or grabbed the wrong item!

, there are weeks that the RR items are just not what I need, or not high value, so I just make certain to purchase items I do need plus 1 or 2 RR items to use my expiring RRs and replenish my RR stash. The goal is to keep at least 1 RR each week to start the next week...even if you only have few, you should be able to keep them rolling!

It has been my experience that Wag's coupons DO NOT count toward your coupon/product ratio! ( I thought this too but more than once I've seen Qs in the system wrong and show as MQs instead of WQs and it throws the count off, so I just count them so I don't freak out at the register) No need to buy a filler if it isn't needed! TIP write down your transaction exactly the way it should play out at the register to include exactly how many products,what your cost will be, coupons needed (especially if they are from one of the Wags books or in ad coupons) and paper clip your list, coupons, ad and coupon books needed together, that way there is no confusion as to what you will need once you get to the register! It's also a good idea to mark the pages in the ad so your not thumbing through it at the register if you are using the in ad coupons! (fold the corners or book mark)I also hand them my coupons 1 at a time to make sure everything is scanned correctly.

hand the coupons to cashier in this order:
1. RR
2. MQ
3. WQ

owever, a lot of stores recently have said they want WQs first to prevent overage.

At the end of ringing up everything hand them 1 at a time to make sure it scans. Some stores likes the rr's first that way if they have to hard key in something it's easier to do on MQ. But it may depend on the store.

a MQ will beep sometimes if WQ goes first. Some of the WQ, even though they are WQs, will show up as MQs and attach to the item, and then your MQ won't go. 3 or 4 stores recently said that they were told to take WQ first to prevent overage/free items, but I pull out my Qs in order, giving the store Qs last..if they say they have to void and start over, I tell them that if they do the store Q first it will make the MQ beep & have to be manually input, if they still insist and it affects my total, I ask for my coupons back and tell them to void my transaction completely. I have a really nice cashier at one store who thinks she's helping by scanning the store Qs she knows about before I mention them, and I just ask her to void them back out until after my MQs.

came back with 5 RR slips totaling $24. Anyways, I noticed one of them says "walgreens dollars" "limit 1 walgreens dollars coupon redeemed per transaction." Does that mean i have to separate each RR slip and do each purchase seperately? Hope that question makes sense. Basically, i'm hoping i can purchase all my stuff, and then have them scan all my RR slips in one transaction.

Special Holiday Dollars- You can only use 1 per transaction,however you can use the others together as long as you have as many or more items than coupons and your total before tax is equal to or more than the RR total

__________________________________________________ ______________

Rainchecks Be sure to request it if they are out of something!!

__________________________________________________ _______

Overages

When you need a filler item in order to use both coupons, remember to check end caps or travel section for some ultra cheap items!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Didn't get a Catalina????

Call the Catalina Marketing company directly at 1-888-8COUPON (1-888-826-8766).

Those who have called them tell us to have the receipts in front of you when you call. If they determine you purchased the correct items for the promotion, they will mail you your Catalina coupons. Generally, you'll have them within a week's time. If they determine you did not purchase the correct items to receive the Cat, they can help clarify that for you, too. You may find that something you purchased was ineligible and you can return the items and re-do the deal correctly.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Find a good sale?

Please post it in the Walgreen's Brag thread. http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/f...d.php?p=952745
Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Smile What's BOGO?

Help! I'm new and don't understand the lingo. Can someone answer a couple questions? What does BOGO mean? I read the Walmart Coupon policy and they will not stack coupons-they say only one coupon per item. Are there any stores in Oklahoma that will allow a manufacture and a store coupon on the same item?
Thanks so much for helping a couponfreakwannabe.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponfreakwannabe View Post
Help! I'm new and don't understand the lingo. Can someone answer a couple questions? What does BOGO mean? I read the Walmart Coupon policy and they will not stack coupons-they say only one coupon per item. Are there any stores in Oklahoma that will allow a manufacture and a store coupon on the same item?
Thanks so much for helping a couponfreakwannabe.

Buy One Get One

Always in search of:
Beer rebates/Soda, cereal coupons & Freebies.
LOVE PYP!!!!!!!

+ + + + +