Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Kansas' Screaming Deals

Old 06-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Dillons coupon policy

I've had some ladies tell me that Dillons will take coupons up to 2 weeks after they expire. I didn't want to post here without finding out for sure. I emailed Dillons from their site hoping to get an across-the-board policy for all Dillons stores. Instead I got an email response from my local manager (store #51 in Great Bend - our "big Dillons"). From others who've checked with their stores, this seems to be the general policy, but I can't guarantee that it covers all stores. To be safe, I'd suggest you check with management at your local store (and if you do, please post their reply here). This was the response I got:

"First we try to take coupons that are in date but will take them if they are within two weeks of the expiration date. "

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:28 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

I've checked with my local Dillons before on this, and they generally take them within a week of the expiration date. I have not asked or tried on any that were over a week old.

Thanks for checking Kristi!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Little Dillons/Great Bend

The small Dillons here takes for 2 weeks; I've asked.

Margaret
Old 06-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I was at the one in Topeka on 25th and they took a coupon with an exp of 2002!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Penny Pincher

Default Dillon's coupon policy memo...2004

Here is a copy of a 2004 memo to all stores that I have kept on file. Of course, like everything else, it can vary from store to store.

Dillon's coupon memo.....

January 7, 2004

To: Dillon, Gerbes, Baker and Fremont Food-4-Less Stores
Attn: Store Management and Customer Service Managers

Re: Coupon Policy

The following are guidelines on accepting coupons, as well as our policy on Catalina coupons taken from the Catalina Coupon handbook. If you have any questions on this information, please let me know.

Vendor-Store Coupons . The value of the coupon or coupons should never exceed the price of the product that they are redeemed for. We do not give cash back on coupons. Vendor coupons must be limited to one per item. The customer may redeem together, one vendor and one store coupon on a single item. .

If there are bonus buy coupons on the product, the customer may redeem these in addition to one vendor and one store coupon, assuming that the total of the three coupons together do not exceed the price of the product.

The customer must purchase the correct number of items as specified on the coupon. For example, if a vendor coupon is labeled as $.50 off of two, the customer must purchase two of that product for the coupon to be redeemed. They would not be eligible to use another vendor coupon on either of those products.

We give a two-week grace period on the expiration of vendor coupons. As long as the coupon is redeemed within two weeks of the expiration, we may accept it.

When purchasing items that are Buy One, Get One Free, only one vendor and/or one store coupon may be used. The item that is free does not count in meeting purchase requirements for a coupon.

Free Items Coupons No other coupons, vendor or store, may be used with a free item coupon. The checker must legibly write the value of the item on the face of the coupon. If the value of the item exceeds the maximum limit of the coupon, the checker must still write the max value of the coupon on the face of the coupon.

Catalina Coupons Checkout coupons are printed specifically for customers based on what they have purchased, so it is important that you hand the coupons to the customer for whom they were printed. .

In the unlikely event a customer does not want their checkout coupons, or if the customer leaves their coupons behind, tear the coupons in half through the bar code and dispose of them. It is a violation of Company Policy to take them or give them to any other person.

Remember the customer's Plus Card must be scanned before taking coupons off of the order. If the coupons are scanned prior to the card, they will not be doubled. The Plus Card should be scanned at the beginning of the order whenever possible. Checkers should also be reminded to total the order out before accepting all coupons. This is so that the register may properly verify coupons versus items, after all Plus Card discounts have been taken off.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

I've noticed here lately that all of my coupons from the My Magazine are not doubling, anyone else see this as well?

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm talking about the ones called "store coupons", for Kroger or Private Selection branded items....
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss525i
I've noticed here lately that all of my coupons from the My Magazine are not doubling, anyone else see this as well?

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm talking about the ones called "store coupons", for Kroger or Private Selection branded items....
Those don't double, they are coded with a 0 or 1.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

What about this....does Dillons still allow you to use multiple coupons?
I mean like the ones that are like free bread when you buy such and such. If you have coupons for the such and suches can you use them as well.
Or buy 1 get 1 free coupons, to use a coupon on the one you are buying to get the other free?

I know they used to and then at one point I had trouble with a cashier over it. I wanted to make sure before I try it!

Thanks,
Marsha
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsha32
What about this....does Dillons still allow you to use multiple coupons?
I mean like the ones that are like free bread when you buy such and such. If you have coupons for the such and suches can you use them as well.
Or buy 1 get 1 free coupons, to use a coupon on the one you are buying to get the other free?

I know they used to and then at one point I had trouble with a cashier over it. I wanted to make sure before I try it!

Thanks,
Marsha
I don't have any problems doing that at my store, but that probably varies from store to store.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I don't have any problems with it either, but I agree it probably varies from store to store.

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.