Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Kansas' Screaming Deals

Old 08-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Kansas shoppers introduce yourself!

I know several of us introduced ourselves when we started here, but we've gained some members. I think the easiest and most organized way to do this is to just start a new thread. Besides getting to know each other better, it helps sometimes to know where the people posting are from, what stores they have and what their coupon policies are.

I'll start

I'm Kristi, the moderator for the Kansas forum and co-moderator for the Screaming Deals around Town forum.

Where I am: Great Bend
My family: My husband and several cats & dogs
Where I shop:
Dillons (double coupons)
Food 4 Less (triple coupons)
Walgreens
Super Walmart (only if I have to!)
all are here in town

You'll also notice I talk about Lawrence a lot. My brother has been a student at KU the last several years and I've been teaching him to coupon shop so I know his stores and their policies. In Lawrence there are:
Dillons (4 of them) (double coupons)
Food 4 Less on Iowa (triple coupons)
Hy-Vee (2 of them) (face value coupons)
Checkers (face value coupons)
Walmart
Walgreens (2 of them)
Super Target

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I'll go next...

I'm Christy (confused yet?) and discovered PYP in April.

I'm a stay-at-home mom in Manhattan. Couponing and rebates is my job and my hobby.
My family: My husband, 2 daughters (ages 2 & 4), & 2 cats.

Stores I shop:
Dillon's (dbl coupons)
Target
Walgreens
Super Walmart (like Kristi, only if I have to!)
Food4Less (not too often - no dbls)
Old 08-29-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Hi everyone....

I'm CJ and have been couponing seriously for about the last 2 years. Before that I only did it here and there. According to my fiancée it is an addiction for me -- but a good one.

I recently moved (the first part of August) to Piper, Kansas.

I have no kids, but he has 2 from a previous marriage. They are great kids!!
I have no pets, but hope to get a dog soon.

I shop at:
Dillons
Walgreens
CVS
Walmart (only if I have to)
Price Chopper
KMart
Sams
Old 08-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Hellooooooooooooooooooo PYPers!

I'm Jenn. I live in American Fork, Utah, but originally from Dodge City, Kansas (GO DEMONS GO!)

Family: myself & husband, Jason (originally from Lehi, Utah, so he's only 5 miles from his parents lol) . . . no pitter-pattering feet YET for these newlyweds

Pets: 16 guppies, 3 corydoras catfish (1 kanei, 2 spotted), 3 white cloud minnows, & 1 chinese golden algae eater (WHEW!)

Where we shop: Walgreens, Target, Smiths (Kroger), Albertsons, Maceys/Kohlers (Associated Foods), Super Wallyzoo (only when forced by my husband or if we need new clothes (I'll admit it, I'm cheap, but we only buy clothes every 1 or 2 or so years) LOL!), occassionally Family Dollar.

I started couponing "hardcore" (as my hubby calls it) so we can put the difference into savings toward adopting, but I've been doing it off & on for 10 years - wow, that's such a long time to me! So far, I've only managed to put $5 (only $19,995 to go!) in there. I know, I'm bad, but we are working on paying off some bills right now, so we've put that as priority.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Penny Pincher

Default My intro...

Hi, I am Deb, homeschooling mom to one dd, age nine. I also work two part-time jobs and clip coupons like crazy! We live in Wichita.

I shop at:

Dillon's (double coupons)
Aldi
Target
Walgreen's
Dollar General
Sometimes Wal-mart
we have Food 4 Less, but they do not double or triple coupons here.

Nice to meet you all!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Penny Pincher

I'm actually a Missourian, but I hang out here because this is where the Dillon's deals are posted! There is a Dillon's store about 15 miles from me, in Pleasant Hill, MO where I mostly do my coupon shopping. When they are having Double Dollars or Triple Fifties - gosh how long has it been since they did THAT??? - I do drive over to one of the stores on the KS side, usually Overland Park.

I have a daughter, 4, and a son, 14. Been married 9 years, very happily. I just had my 40th birthday a couple of weeks ago.

I dumpster dive for most of my coupons. Used to have a coupon service/website where I traded whole Smartsource inserts. The website was called BluPons, if anyone ever heard of it. My source for the inserts dried up, so I had to quit doing that. Too bad, it was a great thing.

I coupon shop mostly at Dillon's. Hen House also doubles coupons up to $.50 and I shop there some, but they don't seem to put the items on sale that there are coupons for too often, and they are expensive otherwise. Also, unlike Dillon's, anything over $.50 is just face value.

I shop at Walgreen's and Osco a lot, since they are both just about 1/2 mile from my house. CVS I do once in a while, for good/free deals only. I hate WalMart, it's too big and they give me grief over my coupons when I want to use them on travel sizes.

Nice to be here, and thanks Kristi for the great deals posts!

Lora
Old 09-15-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Dumpster Diving...you bet!

Lora-

Not many of us will admit to "dumpster diving", although we do it too. I don't know how many Catalinas (red & white register coupons) for free items and same-as-cash I've found thrown away or left on the machines at Dillon's on my way out the door. Are other people way too busy or just wasteful? What really urks me are the cashiers that destroy the coupons left behind!!! Anyway, thanks for your honesty. Glad you're part of the PYP-KS team!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:04 AM

Hi, I'm Rebbecca. I'm in Sabetha. We are now a family of five and a half; DH & I, our two DS, plus my father and half the time my brother). With five boys in the house I do all the couponing I can.

I do most of my shopping at the Dillions in Topeka or the F4L in St. Joe (the ones in Topeka don't dbl or tpl). I am orginally from Wisconsin where they don't dbl or tpl at all and I have be couponing for about two and a half years. We have only been here in Kansas for six months and I love being able to double!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Hi! I'm Janet:

I live in Shawnee, KS( one of the many Kansas City burbs)

I shop only at Dillion's (double coups)

Sometimes at Super Wal-mart if I happen to be there already. It is usually a zoo and I don't like to deal with that.

There is also a Hyvee and Price Chopper near me---but Dillion's is right next door--less than 1/2 mile. Besides Dillions is the only store in my area that doubles---plus they mark things down close to exp dates---you can get some real buys there.

There is just Hubby and Me with our 3 furry Kids.

If anyone ever has any Science Diet coups---please let me know and we can see what we can work out in trade for them.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Penny Pincher

Default Crazy for a deal

My Name is Shelly Bartel and I live in Buhler Kansas

I have three children

Joely 11
Bailey 7
Garrett 6

I have a wonderful husband Chris who is a kitchen designer(I do have the best Panty)

'I shop in Hutchinson and Newton

Dillons and Food 4 Less

I have been couponing for a little over a year now and love it. I was able to quit my full time job since I 've started couponing. I am now a House Manager and loving it. If you ever need a few extra coupon's I love to share. I get about 100 ss a week so let me know

Go with God!!
Shelly Bartel