Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Kansas' Screaming Deals

Old 01-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I have been using this site for a couple of months but just registered.

I do most of my shopping at Dillons because with sales and coupons doubled I do pretty good.

I also do lots at Walgreens but only sales and rebates. I like the store because it is small and I know all the people who work there and they are very helpful.

I only do a little at Food 4 Less (good sales only) but maybe the change will make it better. I hope so.

I also shop deals at Target & Osco but very little at K-Mart and Walmart. In both stores I have had problems with coupons. Walmart is the worst.

I have been refunding and couponing for over 30 years. More couponing now because of all the rules for rebates. Thanks to all for sharing. Joyce
Old 03-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default PP in Newton..

Hi all I'm Lisa in Newton and I am new to this forum..

I don't have a lot of choices in my little town but I love couponing at Dillons. I shop Walmart only if I can't get it anywhere else (even If I have to pay a little more) I justify it because I save so much on everything else. Walgreens is good some of the time also.

I have two daughters, one in college and one in middle school, my husband a dog, lost count of the cats, a horse, a calf, a goat and a herd of sheep. Saving money on people food is a must!!

I have been teaching my girls the art of couponing and have to share that my college student went to store for me during christmas vacation, bought $12 worth of product and spent less than $1.. She's hooked

I find couponing is like healthy living.. you just have to make it a lifestyle..

Looking forward to lots fun.

Lisa
Old 03-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Welcome Lisa. Glad to see another Kansas person on here.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default New in Eskridge:

Hey everyone!! My name is Debby, I live in Eskridge, but shop in Topeka (sometimes Lawrence or Manhattan).

I'm glad to have found this "local" group...all the other ones I've been using are from everywhere else!

I work full time, have a husband who works for the state, and is in the Air National Guards.
My son is 15, a freshman and works on his car or at his job!

My biggest savings story this week is: I shopped at Dillons at got a couple of Catalinas with that order (savings of 47% on that one), turned right around and used those Catalinas on the rest of my order and saved a whopping [I]94%!!!!!!! using the Catalina, man. coupons, and sales from the store.

See everyone soon!!! KEEP SAVING! or should I say pinching pennies!? LOL
Old 03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Penny Pincher

Welcome
Old 04-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Ok, well I just joined today, so I guess I will reply:

My family: Single and Looking (any single women out there?) and 1 cat
Where I shop:

Price Chopper (formally Food 4 Less)
occasionally others, but I am a night manager at my Price Chopper.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Welcome! Great to have you!

Someone was just telling me this weekend that there was now Price Chopper in Topeka. Glad to see you got something to replace Food 4 Less.

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
Welcome! Great to have you!

Someone was just telling me this weekend that there was now Price Chopper in Topeka. Glad to see you got something to replace Food 4 Less.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Really it wasn't even a replacement, just a name change....2 of the three in St. Joe also changed theri names....Salina is now a Price Mart and if that goes well all the smaller Falley's and Food 4 Less' will be converted to that format...while the Wichita stores converted to Homeland.

Now what is Price Mart

simply it's a bag it yourself type store with fewer selections then Price Chopper, while sharing simaler logo (red. white and blue)... Kind of like Aldi's but w/o the pay for your bag crap....I also understand they don't use the shopper card.

Well it's 10 am, and I really need to get to bed or I won't want to get up and go to work tonight.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauerkc
I'll go next...

I'm Christy (confused yet?) and discovered PYP in April.

I'm a stay-at-home mom in Manhattan. Couponing and rebates is my job and my hobby.
My family: My husband, 2 daughters (ages 2 & 4), & 2 cats.

Stores I shop:
Dillon's (dbl coupons)
Target
Walgreens
Super Walmart (like Kristi, only if I have to!)
Food4Less (not too often - no dbls)
I'm new to the Manhattan area (originally from Indy), but what paper do you buy for inserts? Also, where is a food4less located.

My name is Mary, I'm currently a SAHM (looking for a job) in the manhattan area. My mom was a big couponer and it rubbed off on me. I shop at dillon's and Target mostly, and avoid wal-mart like the plague.

I am happily married and have a little baby girl.

My most recent coupon experience: Target had their pampers on sale for 8.50 a package..I used $2 target internet pampers coupons combined with $2 pampers manufacturers coupons and got each package for 4.50!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Welcome Mary! We're glad you're here!

My suggestion, considering the area you're in, is to try to get the Kansas City paper. It has the best coupons by far! I'm not sure where their outlying delivery areas are, but I'm guessing you're close enough to at least be able to get them out of the rack. I'm not sure if the Topeka paper has the same coupons as Wichita - if so, that'd be your next best. I know we have some other shoppers here in your area - any suggestions?

Until a few weeks ago, my Food 4 Less ad gave the locations of the ones that have stayed open. I know they are in Great Bend, Hutchinson, Junction City, St. Joseph (MO) and I think one other - Leavenworth maybe? The ones in Hutch and GB triple coupons (up to $1 total amount off - .25 = .75, .35 = $1, .50=$1) but I'm not sure about the others. Junction City is pretty close to Manhattan so if they do triple it might be worth the drive for you occasionally.

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.