Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Kansas' Screaming Deals

Old 06-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

The Food4Less website says there isn't one in Junction City...I wonder if it closed?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Our Food 4 Less doesn't have a website. The Food 4 Less website is for the ones owned by Kroger (most, if not all, the ones outside of Kansas & Missouri). Ours were owned by Falley Foods, but were just bought out by Homeland. You can see the ad at www.homelandstores.com but it won't tell you where the stores are. My print ad is almost identical to the one online with occasional differences (for example, this week my eggs are .68/dozen while the online ad has .88/18ct). I'm pretty sure the one in Junction City is still there. You can see the sign from I-70 and we drive by there every month or two (going up to KC this weekend actually).

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
Our Food 4 Less doesn't have a website. The Food 4 Less website is for the ones owned by Kroger (most, if not all, the ones outside of Kansas & Missouri). Ours were owned by Falley Foods, but were just bought out by Homeland. You can see the ad at www.homelandstores.com but it won't tell you where the stores are. My print ad is almost identical to the one online with occasional differences (for example, this week my eggs are .68/dozen while the online ad has .88/18ct). I'm pretty sure the one in Junction City is still there. You can see the sign from I-70 and we drive by there every month or two (going up to KC this weekend actually).
Kristi - Yes the J.C. store is still there, but the three in Manhatten were sold off before the merger (which is what really happened - Falley's Inc and Homeland were both owned by Associated Wholesale Grocers out of KC). If the Salina test goes well, the Falley's stores and smaller Food 4 Less' like that in J. C. will be converted to "Price Mart." The Wichita Stores being closer to Oklahoma took on the Homeland name, while the bigger stores in Topeka and St. Joe, MO; took on the Price Chopper name (as that independent name also owned by AWG was better known in those area).
Old 06-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping13
I'm new to the Manhattan area (originally from Indy), but what paper do you buy for inserts? Also, where is a food4less located.
The Food 4 Less' (f4L) in Manhatten were sold last year. One closed completely and the other two were sold and converted to Apple Market (or was that Country Mart).
The closest F4L to you is in Junction City, Like someone else said, the ad is very similer to Homeland Stores in Oklahoma and their webpage is http://www.homelandstores.com there will be some minor changes so don't take the other divisions ad as gospel.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Penny Pincher

Hi! I'm Melissa, im 24yrs old, and i'm a SAHM to my daughter Jennifer(4) and son Kemper(8mo.).
I am in Marysville and i shop a few local stores that arent chains but for my best deals I usually go to Manhattan since I'm a KSU student as well. I like target, dillons, and walgreens. I saw the posts about the old Food4Less's turning into AppleMarkets. Has anyone tried them. How is there coupon policies? Any good deals?
By the way its nice to meet you all since I thought I was the only serious couponer around here. I kind of thought I was an odd little duckling. LOL
Old 07-09-2006, 09:47 PM
PYP Allstar

Welcome to PYP, melissae!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

My name is Angie and I am also a Missourian but shop in Kansas. I grew up in Piper and am more familiar with Kansas. I am new to all of this. I have always used coupons but haven't ever "worked it" to save the most money. I am trying to learn my way around the site and figure everything out, slowly but surely. All pointers are welcomed. I am married and trying for children. I shop at Price Chopper, Walgreens, Walmart (I guess I haven't learned my lesson), Apple Market.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Welcome, Angie! I'm a native Kansas, but I live in Utah. I still check the Kansas boards every so often so I can let my gma know if there's anything she can get me for free/dirt cheap there that I need that I can't get here lol
Old 07-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Welcome, Angie! We're happy to have Missourians, too! Do you still live in the KC area? (I love it up there!). We'll be happy to help all we can. You'll notice that the Dillons threads get the most discussion. That's because there's at least one in (or very near) every town and they all double coupons. I try to post the Price Chopper ad when I have time because my brother and sister both live near them. Does Apple Market have an online ad?

Let's trade!
What I Have
What I Want

"Let's eat Mama!" or "Let's eat, Mama!". Punctuation. It saves lives.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

I live in Cleveland, MO which is about 10 minutes away from Louisburg, KS. I don't know where the closest Dillons is but I think I need to find one it sounds like they have the best deals. About Apple Market online, I am not sure but I will check it out.