Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Local referrals - Utah

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Lightbulb Need a great roofer in SL County ASAP!

I am looking for recommendations for an affordable and reliable roofer. I would love recommendations for a great roofer as well as anyone we should steer clear of. TIA!
Tiffany
Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Ziam Roofing
Owner: Zaim Osmanovic (If he has a thick accent, you got the right guy)
Phone: 801-840-0951

He did an incredible job! Fast (done a week ahead of our "start date") and by far the lowest estimate we got ($5600 for a full removal, installation of of vents, and installation of lifetime warranty shingles.) I got his contact info from another PYP'er, and I am so glad we used him.
www.kyandsavvy.blogspot.com
Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_forever_99 View Post
Ziam Roofing
Owner: Zaim Osmanovic (If he has a thick accent, you got the right guy)
Phone: 801-840-0951

He did an incredible job! Fast (done a week ahead of our "start date") and by far the lowest estimate we got ($5600 for a full removal, installation of of vents, and installation of lifetime warranty shingles.) I got his contact info from another PYP'er, and I am so glad we used him.
I second this one. He's done the roof on 2 houses for me, including tear off and replacement of plywood underneath. He's fast, friendly, honest, and by far the least expensive.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Ok, I'm thinking of going with this guy. I'll be honest, I'm a little worried that he is sooooo much cheaper than my other bids I've gotten. I've even had other roofing companies tell me they would be worried about the price being so low. I can't seem to find any information about him on the Better Business Burea. I love the price, but it just worries me. Anyone else have any other info to offer? I know those of you who have used him have done so recently. I'm leery because my home is only 8 years old and we were told by our insurance we need the whole thing replaced (due to storm damage) but that because it was installed poorly our insurance will only cover half. I've left a message with our builder to see what kind of warranty we have with them. UUGGHH!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

I don't know about the BBB, but we had a wonderful experience. I got his name on here over a year ago. On that thread there had been several others that had used him with positive results. When the insurance came out to inspect the roof (they had denied us coverage because of storm damage) they said it was one of the best roofing jobs they had ever seen. My dad who is also a contractor was really impressed. He said the guy really knew what he was doing. I wonder if it's just cheaper because he isn't a chain store and it's a small family business? I know he also doesn't advertise and just works on referrals.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page is my blog there are before and after pictures.
http://www.ourlifeinmoments.blogspot...1_archive.html
www.kyandsavvy.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thipwell View Post
Ok, I'm thinking of going with this guy. I'll be honest, I'm a little worried that he is sooooo much cheaper than my other bids I've gotten. I've even had other roofing companies tell me they would be worried about the price being so low.
I know, almost too good to be true, right?

The first roof he did for us (our home) was about three years ago, which is not long in the life of a roof, but we've had no problems at all, and we live where we get some pretty strong wind sometimes. He did several of my neighbors' roofs the year before that, and they are all doing fine; as is the roof on our rental property that he did last year. DH is pretty handy, and inspected the work he'd done, and he was happy. So, it's so far so good for us!

HTH
Old 09-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Thanks for the replies. I think we are going to use him. I know he warranties his labor install for 10 years, but what happens if he goes out of business? That's kind of my worry, but I think from the responses we will just go for it.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Hiring Ziam Osmanovic 2014

We're hiring Ziam to replace a tar and gravel roof to a shingle roof on the house and to replace a tar and gravel roof on the carport to a membrane roof. I'll have to repost after the work is done. I've had two co-workers who have hired him to redo their roofs.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Great Roofer Ziam Roofing

Follow-up review Ziam Osmanovich replaced our tar and gravel roof on our house and carport. Stripped off all the old roof and replaced old wood new wood covered with ice shield. Our roof is really basic and a shallow pitch. They had the tear down and the new roof installed in three days. 10 year warranty on labor. Very happy with their work.

He only works by word of month and he's really busy and ends up turning down jobs. He has his own crews who do the actual work but he comes by a couple of times a day to check on things and do some of the work himself.

Current contact number is 801-755-9995
Old 01-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Sorry, it's Zaim not Ziam

Sorry, it's Zaim, not Ziam Osmanovich and he's a great roofer in our experience! We had water leaking through the roof before and now it runs off the new roof like it's suppose to do.