Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Pennies Per Serving.... > What's For Dinner?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I've been thinking about this today. I am thinking of doing either parmesan chicken or ranch chicken with spaghetti, salad, breadsticks, and sugar cookies. I am going to do Cupid's Crazy Cafe--a mystery dinner idea from thedatingdivas.com for the family.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I'm making a heart-shaped pizza, and chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert. The kids can't wait!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Thanks for the head start!
I'll do Parmesan chicken, olive oil/garlic linguine, Caesar Salad, rolls, & Raspberry cobbler w/ vanilla ice cream. Need to go and hit the store now !

Happy Valentines Day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
I've been thinking about this today. I am thinking of doing either parmesan chicken or ranch chicken with spaghetti, salad, breadsticks, and sugar cookies. I am going to do Cupid's Crazy Cafe--a mystery dinner idea from thedatingdivas.com for the family.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

I'm making that yummy roast from the Crock-Pot thread, mashed potatoes & gravy, asparagus w/cheese sauce, rolls and my hubby's favorite chocolate pie for dessert.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Chicken alfredo, veggies, bread sticks and cheesecake for dessert.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Thursday night is usually leftover night at our house.
I have a billion typos, and it's because I'm almost always typing while breastfeeding a baby or having a large and unrelenting boy crawl around my lap and poke at the screen asking what the smilies mean. I've given up trying to type well.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
I washed dishes a couple times--before and after cooking. I changed the sugar cookies to Rocky Road Bars--a family favorite of my DH's. Those are made. Breadsticks are ready to cook. I am pooped!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I just wanted to say that the whole family LOVED the mystery dinner--except for my 6 yr old. He was so unhappy when he got a napkin and parmesan chicken, but no fork for the first course. LOL After he got that with the next course, then he grumbled about not having a drink and dessert (like some others got for their first course). Crazy! Then after all his grumbling and complaining, he asked if we could do this again next year. LOL. It was really fun! Everyone else had a really great experience!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We were boring and typical. I got a good deal on steaks so I broiled those, did baked sweet potatoes and broccoli go to with them. I dont know if it was cause I was hungry or its been awhile since we had a nice steak. I did use this seasoning that DH had found in a car unopned. We have been using it on everything.....its that good. its sea salt, roasted garlic and dried rosemary blend.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

We did scalloped potatoes, brussel sprouts, lobster tail, steaks, crab cakes and shrimp with Martinellis to drink. Total OOP was $16 (had some stuff here already).