Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Pennies Per Serving.... > What's For Dinner?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Rose5 Rose5 is offline
Professional Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Weber County
Posts: 929
Default What's For Dinner 9/23/11?

Crock pot potato soup with homemade bread bowls. Still deciding on dessert
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
utmom24 utmom24 is offline
Master Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose5 View Post
Crock pot potato soup with homemade bread bowls. Still deciding on dessert
That sounds yummy. I love potato soup. Do you mind sharing your recipe?

Not sure what we are having, my older girls are going out, so it's just DH and our 2 littles tonight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Rose5 Rose5 is offline
Professional Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Weber County
Posts: 929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmom24 View Post
That sounds yummy. I love potato soup. Do you mind sharing your recipe?

Not sure what we are having, my older girls are going out, so it's just DH and our 2 littles tonight.
Sure Here it is:

8 potatoes peeled/chopped
6 chicken bollioun cubes
1 pint half and half
1 cup milk (I use 2%)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 to 1 pound bacon cooked and diced (depends on what you like, could also use cubed ham)

Add all of these to crock pot on low for about 3-4 hours or till potatoes are soft. Then add:

8 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheese (any combo will work, I used a 3 cheese one from sams club)

Stir this and let it cook on low another 1 hour till its all melted.

This is so good, rich I know but its great For the bread bowls I use a dough recipe in my bread machine, let me know if you would like it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2011, 03:53 PM
RoseparkStar RoseparkStar is offline
Master Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City-West Valley
Posts: 4,714
Default

We've been pinching pennies the last couple weeks so tonight we decided to go on a tiny splurge

steak (I think DH got NY strips) and homemade mashed potatoes
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:08 PM
utmom24 utmom24 is offline
Master Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose5 View Post
Sure Here it is:

8 potatoes peeled/chopped
6 chicken bollioun cubes
1 pint half and half
1 cup milk (I use 2%)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 to 1 pound bacon cooked and diced (depends on what you like, could also use cubed ham)

Add all of these to crock pot on low for about 3-4 hours or till potatoes are soft. Then add:

8 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheese (any combo will work, I used a 3 cheese one from sams club)

Stir this and let it cook on low another 1 hour till its all melted.

This is so good, rich I know but its great For the bread bowls I use a dough recipe in my bread machine, let me know if you would like it.

Thank you so much.
This sounds great. I'm going to try this for Sunday's dinner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Rose5 Rose5 is offline
Professional Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Weber County
Posts: 929
Default

Forgot to add that towards the end I blend up some of the soup mixture in a blender (about the whole blender full) then stir it back in. This makes it nice and thick and still leaves some potato chunks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
utmom24 utmom24 is offline
Master Penny Pincher
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose5 View Post
Forgot to add that towards the end I blend up some of the soup mixture in a blender (about the whole blender full) then stir it back in. This makes it nice and thick and still leaves some potato chunks.
Ok, thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2004-2011, Pinching Your Pennies, LLC. All rights reserved