Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Local referrals - Utah

Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default looking for a Podiatrist

My husband broke a bone in his foot YEARS ago and is now having horrible problems with it because it never healed properly. One Dr that he went to suggested that he get his foot/ankle fused and that he would have to not work on it for 6 months so that it could heal correctly and that he would have to find a different line of work because he would not be able to use his foot the same way that he does now. We decided that it would be best to wait until he could not longer do his job and so the Dr gave him a brace to help stabilize his foot. It worked for a while but the brace was VERY rigid, so he went looking for a different Dr. This one he found started out by giving him some different inserts and the first time it was OK and the second my Husband was thinking that he got a new foot. However he went in the 3rd time and now he thinks that the Dr is just throwing inserts at him instead of addressing the real problem. ANYWAY, he has an Appt with the Dr next Tuesday and told me today that he is going to cancel because he just doesn't think that this Dr is the best one for him.

I also have been having problems with my feet, think Shrek feet, wide and flat, and need to get in to see someone about some inserts. When I wake up in the morning and stand up you would think that I am 100 years old, and every morning I am glad that the house is not on fire because I don't think that I could move fast enough to get out the door. ha ha

I know that this is a big long story but I am hoping that someone out there has a similar story and has a great referral that they could give me.

I am willing to drive pretty much anywhere along the Wasach Front, but I am out of South Jordan.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Master Penny Pincher

My uncle is one and he's awesome (I've heard that from tons of people, not just cuz we're related). Tom Austad in Roy.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Penny Pincher

Default Foot doctor

Dr. Schiffgen by Alta View Hospital. Just went to him a couple of weeks ago. He's great. (I did have to wait quite awhile in the office, so take something to read or do).
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I absolutely love Dr. Warby in Kaysville. I realize it would be a drive, but he is so good. He had to put implants in DD's feet who was 10 at the time because she had horrible flat feet that were causing problems, he did a surgery on my DS who was 8 because a regular doctor didn't fix a broken foot properly. I will never go to a regular doctor again with foot problems. I am seeing him because I have bone spurs and plantar faciatis (sp?). He is up on the technology but very down to earth. We love him. Here is his website. (You can tell him the Hipwell family referred you if you decide to see him).

http://www.drwarby.com/index.php?id=27
Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

One of our members is a podiatrist in the Ogden area - phoebeandkohlsmom. Send her a PM and I bet she can help you out with info on herself or a great Dr close to you.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystars
My uncle is one and he's awesome (I've heard that from tons of people, not just cuz we're related). Tom Austad in Roy.
Yup. Dr. Austad gets a thumbs up from me too.
I injured my foot playing volleyball in the sand. I actually heard something snap at the bottom of my foot...couldn't put any weight on it at all. The Dr. in the ER said that I had just strained it and would be fine in a couple of days. After 10 days I called Dr. Austad's office and they had me in the very next day. I had actually partially torn the plantar fascia. That was the snap that I heard. The ER doc was clueless because nothing showed up on the x-ray. It took about 4 months before I could go through a full day without any pain, but I visited the office twice a week during this time and was taped and fitted for inserts. I have an occasional flare-up of the PF but I'm so glad I saw someone who could really help me.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Dr. Austad

My husband also went to Dr. Austad in Roy and really liked him.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I've been to two foot doctors. We go to Todd Flitton in Kaysville.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Penny Pincher

Dr. Spencer Harper in Salt Lake is good too.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I went to Tom Rogers when I was younger. He was great.
Here's his website:
http://www.centralutahfootclinic.com/
I saw him in Provo, but there is also an office in A.F.