Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Local referrals - Utah

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Smile Utah Drug Card

I just posted this in "A Penny For Your Thoughts" in answer to someone's inquiry, but since so many people have high priced prescriptions, I thought I'd post here, too.

As a resident of UTAH, you and your family have access to a FREE Discount Prescription Drug Card program. Simply download and print a free Utah Drug Card. This program has a "LOWEST PRICE" feature that provides cardholders the lowest plan price on prescriptions at participating pharmacies (Medication Pricing/Discounts are calculated on the plans lowest negotiated contract price and the pharmacy's "usual and customary" price). Utah Drug Card is accepted at over 50,000 pharmacies around the country. Enter your name and e-mail address and a printable membership card will be generated for you. You may create as many cards as you need. This card is pre-activated and can be used immediately.

You can also do drug price comparisons on this web site.

The web site is: http://www.utahdrugcard.com/index.php
Old 11-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Has anyone tried this?

With my work insurance I was paying $16 a month for birth control. With this UT card the price is $82 a month! Doesn't seem like much of a prescription discount to me.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I shopped around for weeks before I decided to change of prescription coverage last year.

Costco hands down was the cheapest. I'm not a huge costco fan but the savings at the pharmacy keeps me a member.

I had 2 prescriptions one was $51-54 a month at all the local places like walmart walgreens etc. Costco $11. The other prescription was one of those $4 walmart ones, but I take a higher dose, so walmart wanted to charge $16 because it was 4 times the "average" dose(this was ona blood thinner and I don't think there is an average dose, since everyone is different). Costco charges $5 but there is no average dose so I save $11 a month on that med.

You have to be a member to get on the costco savings plan (you can use thepharmacy without memebership but the plan is for members only). Just ask the pharmacy clerk for the extra savings and they sign you up.

I know alot of the new mental health drugs that do not have generics are way cheaper there.