Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Local referrals - Utah

Old 10-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Penny Pincher

Default anti-immunizations and need pediatrician

I have two boys with asthma, who I stopped giving immunizations to because I believe they were causing severe developmental problems.

Because of this, Alpine Pediatrics would no longer treat them. It has been difficult to find doctors that will accept them as patients, so we took the first one we could find. Problem is- I don't think he's a good doctor!!! Recently, I've heard people say the same thing- including other doctors. I haven't been happy with him either.

My five year old has bad asthma and I'm worried about swine flu being really hard for him because of the respiratory problems. I need to find a doctor- quick- that is GOOD and will make good decisions on his behalf if he gets swine flu- which he will, 'cuz we're not vaccinating as I believe it will cause life-long learning problems.

Does anyone have suggestions? I'm starting to get really worried!

We're in Lehi, but would travel.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Master Penny Pincher

So... Let me get this straight. You are willing to expose your kids to something that could kill an asmatic child, because you're afraid of developmental delays.

My opinion is that if you want a good doctor (not a quack), you should do what good doctors recommend and immunize your kids. I know that alpine pediatrics would let you immunize on a modified schedule if you are afraid of overloading their immune systems.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh. My own experience with doctors and medicine has preserved my son's life for eleven years. Just a generation ago, kids like him didn't survive a year.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfun
I know that alpine pediatrics would let you immunize on a modified schedule if you are afraid of overloading their immune systems.
My sister's experience there was the opposite. She wanted to do a modified schedule. One of the doctor's told her to leave the office because of it.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfun
So... Let me get this straight. You are willing to expose your kids to something that could kill an asmatic child, because you're afraid of developmental delays.

My opinion is that if you want a good doctor (not a quack), you should do what good doctors recommend and immunize your kids. I know that alpine pediatrics would let you immunize on a modified schedule if you are afraid of overloading their immune systems.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh. My own experience with doctors and medicine has preserved my son's life for eleven years. Just a generation ago, kids like him didn't survive a year.
I know the issues for and against and I've made my decision. I'm looking for constructive help. We all do what we believe is best. I hope if you really disagree with me, you'll just past the post by. I respect you for your decisions.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I'm just throwing this out there..what about a DO? or a ND?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadragon
I know the issues for and against and I've made my decision. I'm looking for constructive help. We all do what we believe is best. I hope if you really disagree with me, you'll just past the post by. I respect you for your decisions.
Nicely put, mamadragon.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I have an awesome, awesome pediatrician in salt lake. We do vaccinate our kids so I am not 100% sure what his stance would be but he is very open minded and has recommended herbs, chiropractic care, hypnotherapy, etc. for me and my kids.

His office is across from St. Marks hospital so is a bit of a drive, but I live in Lehi and commute there anytime I need him.

His name is Kevin Parzych.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

I hope you find a good doctor.

Everybody has the right to make their own decisions regarding their children. We should be helpful and not judgemental. Everybody is going to have different opinions on what is right for their kids. So, please be kind ladies, this lady is reaching out for help and we should give it to her. I am sure that she hears the same thing about needing to vaccinate her children everyday. It is nothing new for her. This site should be a safe place to look for help.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Our son has asthma and we have used essential oils to keep it under control. There are specific oils that help with the swine flu as well, I would be happy to share more. I will send you a PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Penny Pincher

Thank you, ladies!!!! You are very kind. Yep- this vaccination subject is a bit like this: LOL!!!!

I will call the Salt Lake doctor, because really great doctors are such a blessing! (And hard to find!)

I'm going to try the essential oils as well! I appreciate your suggestions, and as usual- PYP has been an AMAZING blessing in my life for so many reasons!!!!