Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Local referrals - Utah

Old 10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadragon
Interesting- Pardon my ignorance, but can you please explain what a DO and an ND is??? Sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizymae
I've not head of an ND, but a DO is a doctor of osteopathic medicine. They generally take a more natural approach to healing and treatment, while still utilizing medical advances that will benefit their patients.
ND is Doctor of Naturopathic or Naturopath.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfun
I agree that this site should be a safe place to look for help, however I would hope that we can also receive opinions contrary to our own sometimes. This site would be dull if everyone that responded to our questions just agreed with us.
Yes, opinions that are contrary are fine, but they can be given without being rude or judgmental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfun
Diseases that have been irradicated have made huge comebacks thanks to those who refuse vaccinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy
And other disorders and learning disabilities that cannot be reversed or "get better" have come to light because people are too quick to jump on the immunization band wagon with out doing their research or finding out and paying attention to the effect that it has on our children.

Exactly, Teddy, very well put! Sometimes by eradicating a disease by a vaccine, can actually bring other serious issues to the forefront. While I wont lesson those that have suffered greatly from the diseases that now have vaccines and I fully admit that society as a whole is more healthy due to their use and existence, I also think it is unwise to jump on the vaccine bandwagon without doing some research as to he potential health risks. The OP has obviously done just that.

You take some very serious risks when you vaccinate your child. While the resulting health issues may happen to only a very few compared to the millions that are vaccinated yearly, they do happen. And it is up to each and every parent to make the decision for their family as to whether or not the vaccine is right for them.

Vaccinations may be appropriate for some families, but it is not necessarily the correct thing to do for every family.

Edited - to change the tone of the post to a more appropriate one.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadragon
Well, I think the two of you have pretty much covered both sides of the argument, so I hope we can leave it at that! I have gotten some great help from many of you, and I appreciate it! \

Thanks!
My apologies mamadragon. I didn't see your call for the end of the argument till I posted.

Did you find a doctor? Or are you still looking for referrals.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Have you heard anything about Dr. Weipert (sp) in AF? I have several friends who take their kids to him and they like him a lot. He's in an office by himself so he may have more leeway in choosing to support your decisions for you son. My friend told me today he's just taken in a osteopath or something like that. Someone who can do some chiropractic maybe? That makes me think he might be more open to mixing traditional and alternative medicine.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:01 AM

Default Perfect for your kids!

I just started going to an office in Lehi, just south of Micron. It is Dr. Dianne Farley-Jones and her husband Steven, who is a physician assistant. We discussed many things, one of which was their office's take on vaccines. They are very supportive of delayed or not giving vaccines. I asked, since they don't recommend flu vaccines, what I should do if I got H1N1/seasonal flu. The nurse said they have many things set up for that-nutritional IVs, homeopathics, I can't remember everything (not Tamiflu!). But it sounds like they really take care of their patients. I saw Steven and really liked him. 801-407-3000

Give them a call! I think they are a perfect fit for your family. They take an extensive health history and recommend personalized preventative/nutrition/supplements, etc. over medicating. And even though they practice natural medicine in addition to traditional medicine, they take insurance.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyZC
Have you heard anything about Dr. Weipert (sp) in AF? I have several friends who take their kids to him and they like him a lot. He's in an office by himself so he may have more leeway in choosing to support your decisions for you son. My friend told me today he's just taken in a osteopath or something like that. Someone who can do some chiropractic maybe? That makes me think he might be more open to mixing traditional and alternative medicine.
My DS has seen Dr. Weipert for 10+ years with his asthma. While I think he is a good doctor, he is VERY outspoken when it comes to giving your child medications for asthma and I don't think he would be ok with not vaccinating your son (and would be very verbal about telling you so). He doesn't take asthma lightly and is VERY pro-vaccinating, lets put it that way.

He has done a great job of keeping my DS's asthma at bay and I've liked him as his doctor, but I don't think he is the doctor you are looking for. JM2C

There is a doctor in Lehi, over by the new Smiths. Her name is Diane Farley-Jones. I don't know if she sees kids, but she is a MD with a focus on naturopathy. I've seen her and liked her.

Good luck in finding good care for your DS.

Sorry Katie Rose... I was posting at the same time!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Smile Dr. Weipert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsare4me
My DS has seen Dr. Weipert for 10+ years with his asthma. While I think he is a good doctor, he is VERY outspoken when it comes to giving your child medications for asthma and I don't think he would be ok with not vaccinating your son (and would be very verbal about telling you so). He doesn't take asthma lightly and is VERY pro-vaccinating, lets put it that way.

He has done a great job of keeping my DS's asthma at bay and I've liked him as his doctor, but I don't think he is the doctor you are looking for. JM2C

There is a doctor in Lehi, over by the new Smiths. Her name is Diane Farley-Jones. I don't know if she sees kids, but she is a MD with a focus on naturopathy. I've seen her and liked her.

Good luck in finding good care for your DS.
Sorry Katie Rose... I was posting at the same time!
Dr Weipert is VERY PRO-VACCINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY FOR COMPROMISED CHILDREN, BUT YES HE IS A GOOD DOCTOR!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:21 PM

Dr. Karla Feindt at Willow Creek Peds in Draper was wonderful. She let us delay the MMR vaccine, so maybe she'd support your vaccination wishes?
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Penny Pincher

Wow! What great information!!!! Now I have almost too many ideas! That's great!!!! I really really appreciate all of everyone's input. I know I can find a doctor now- I was beginning to think they'd all reject my kids. Half my son's class has confirmed swine flu- Here we goooooo......

You've all really helped! Pat yourselves on the back!