Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Local referrals - Utah

Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default affordable eye exams/glasses

Need ideas for the most affordable eye exams and glasses...please help
Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Where are you located? If you are close to Logan, try Sam's Club optical. You don't need a membership to Sam's Club and Dr Gibson is really great. They have godd prices on exams, glasses and contact lenses too.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

I'm in Taylorsville
Old 10-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I would like ideas of where to go in the Ogden area as well.....
Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default America's Best?

Anyone tried America's Best in Ogden? They advertise 2 pair of glasses and a free eye exam for $79? $89? Can't remember - but thought it was cheap....
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default From the net

If you have a prescription for your glasses, you can order at www.zennioptical.com

full set of glasses starting at $8!!!!

Shipping and handling is only $4.95 per order no matter how many pairs you order. I don't wear glasses, but am thinking about getting my son a couple pairs for when he wants a break from his contacts. The frames are nice. I know several people at work who order from them and they swear by the value as well as the quality. I found a cute pair in the $8 list I want to have made as sunglasses.. way cute.

Check it out!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser
Anyone tried America's Best in Ogden? They advertise 2 pair of glasses and a free eye exam for $79? $89? Can't remember - but thought it was cheap....
We have used them and are very happy with their glasses/warranties....however, this past August, the optometrist there thought DS (age 7) might have a lazy eye. He referred us out to an ophthalmologist. When we saw the ophthalmologist, he discovered my son does have amblyopia in his left eye (his vision was 20/70 and he struggled to see the big "E" with that eye) and was surprised no other doctor had caught the condition until now. They said by age 8 it is hard to get much correction. He is now patching his good eye full time (except during school). DS had seen the America's Best dr the year before and also an optometrist at Knighton the year before that. I was very frustrated the condition had not been caught the previous two years - however, I do realize as kids are younger, it could be difficult to get a good exam. I probably wouldn't hesitate going to America's Best again as an adult for an exam, but for children, I would find a doctor that is not trying to hurry to see lots of patients and can do a thorough exam with the kids. We did end up going back to America's Best to order DS's new glasses since the two pair deal is a great deal. We paid less doing the two pair deal through America's Best without insurance than we did using our vision insurance for one pair at Knighton.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

We have ordered many times from Zenni and been very happy! An exam at Walmart is $45 in my area. Zenni ships an entire order for $4.95. We usually get everyone tested and order all at once. We have ordered from goggles4u and not been happy with the glasses. I love buying my son 3-4 pairs of $8 glasses and not needing to worry if they get broken
Old 10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

I love Zenni Optical. They are inexpensive enough that I order both regular glasses and sun glasses.